Thursday, April 9, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses - OR

I stood at the start line at the Race for the Roses this last Sunday, listening to two men giving each other a bad time about who would finish first.   "It really isn't fair", their female friend said.   "You are in two different age groups".   Want to get motivated?   Here were my new friend's times:

Dick Carroll - Age 84,  3:03:34, 14:00 pace
Dave Harrison - Age  79, 2:08:09, 9:49 pace

Some race details:
*  2,131 finishers
*  Race route is through downtown Portland, close to the convention center.  Compared to the race around Mercer Island, WA two weeks prior, a little more industrial than I would have liked, but the Portland area is beautiful.
*  The race had a 7am start, and by the finish it was 71 degrees.  I've been lucky with balmy weather!

My favorite part of Portland?  The Nob Hill area.  A little funky, a little artsy, and home to my new favorite cupcake place,  Saint Cupcake.  If you are in the area, make sure you stop in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Have tips on races you'd like to share? Leave it here!